[waffle] Hopes and plans for waffle-next

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:09:17 PDT 2014

Hello list,

Following my GSoC, I would like to list a couple of things that I think would
be great to have and hope to get in for waffle-2 (or whatever the next version
might be).

 * WGL support for core Waffle, tests de-duplication and WGL support.
 * Linking - drop LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES hack, avoid over-linking.
 * Start of "Don't explicitly link to libraries" - github issue 9.
 * Add waffle_finish() to complement waffle_init(), suggested by Chad - TODO
 * Add make check-{func-,}valgrind, suggested by Chad - TODO.

The patches listed/linked below are bit short on review, so I would greatly
appreciate if anyone can spare a few minutes and check them out :)

Jose, Brian,

Do you think you can help out, even though the GSoC program is over ?

Thanks
Emil

[1] Linking cleanup (3 patch series). This series should be safe to go in
master as-is.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/waffle/2014-August/000664.html

[2] Do not link but dlopen libEGL (3 patch series)
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/waffle/2014-August/000668.html

[3] Prevent heap corruption (2 patch series)
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/waffle/2014-August/000643.html

[4] Unconditionally use opengl32 to provide GL and GLES* static symbols.
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/waffle/2014-August/000659.html