[waffle] Waffle and GL dispatch

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 05:06:18 PDT 2014

On 24/06/14 20:31, Eric Anholt wrote:
> Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Recently I've noticed that a while back Eric took a stab at getting piglit's
>> gl dispatch (insanity) inside waffle.
>>
>> Unfortunately the mailing list is rather silent on the topic. Does anyone know
>> anything on the subject ?
>
> I decided it didn't belong in waffle.
>
> https://github.com/anholt/libepoxy

So that was the (final) spark behind libepoxy :)

Pardon my ignorance but I have considered libepoxy as a drop-in replacement of
glew and alike, with much more static nature than waffle.

I find it interesting and I believe that it's _the_ answer for 99% of the
cases out there. For the remaining one percent (piglit + ???) we need
something a bit more flexible.

Not aiming at it atm, but just curious - which one would you consider as the
better option:
 - Convert waffle to use libepoxy, or
 - clone the current implementation into waffle and work from there ?

Cheers,
Emil

P.S. Haven't looked at all at the license implications + IANAL :)