[waffle] Windows library is almost up

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Fri May 23 09:05:11 PDT 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Hi guys,
>
> A bit of update + a couple of questions:
>
>  1. Modified cmake build. Now we have a windows libraries (cross-compiled
>  with
> mingw-w64).
>
>  - Why do we use absolute paths for the install targets ? I believe that
> (cmake guys confirmed) one should normally use relative ones.

Yes, I suppose that for things like producing windows zip packages relative paths will be needed.

>  - To the best of my knowledge one should not define symbols such as
> WAFFLE_API/restrict in public headers. Is that intentional or am I missing
> something ?
>
>  2. Fully stubbed the windows library, added the dlopen/dlsym[2].
>  - Windows supports ANSI and Unicode versions of most functions. Considering
> the use-case I'm going with ANSI. Objections/suggestions ?

Ansi should be fine for our uses, as the names of the libraries we want to load are ANSI.

> TODO:
>  - Test it.
>  - dlopen/LoadLibraryEx has a flag DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES, which might
>  be
> interesting. Experiment with it.

I wouldn't use DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES -- it seems something somebody would use for example, to read debugging/resource information, but not actually running any code from a DLL.

LoadLibraryA is what you want.

Jose