[waffle] Checking In

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Sun Sep 7 16:47:49 PDT 2014

Emil and Jordan, thanks for having patience with me this month. It's
been a difficult month all-around for me, but I think my near-absense is
finally coming to a close. I expect to be ramping back up into normal
levels of participation over this month and will cease being a ghost :/

I wanted to kick off this week with a bang, and so sent out the first RC
for Waffle 1.4.0. I've added target dates for Waffle 1.4.0 and Waffle
2.0 in the Github milestone tracker [1].

[1] https://github.com/waffle-gl/waffle/milestones

Emil, I'm a bit disoriented about where we left off. I was on the verge
of merging the majority of your WGL patches before I had to take
a pause.  Has anything significant changed since then? The final 1.4.0
is scheduled Monday one week from now. As soon as 1.4.0 is out, I want
to pull 'next' into 'master' and then watch your patches rain into the
repo, and then release 2.0.0-rc1 a few days afterwards if it's stable
enough. Is this a sensible plan? I know you have some additional Mesa
responsibilities now, and dont' want to burden you if it's currently
crunchtime in Mesa.

Here's the plan I have for the remainder of September.  If you see
problems with this plan or if you think it's just fine, please let me
know.

When I come back on Tuesday, let's try to meet up on irc and discuss
what happens next.

    Mon 8            I'll be absent most of tomorrow.

    Tue 9 - Fri 12   Let 1.4.0-rc1 bake. If there's trouble, maybe
                     release a 1.4.0-rc2 on Wednesday.
                     And start merging Emil's WGL series into 'next'.

    Mon 15           Tag 1.4.0 and send out the tarballs. Afterwards,
                     branch 'maint' will become the maintenance branch for the 1.4
                     series.

    Tue 16           Merge 'next' into 'master' if it's stable enough.
    Thu 18           Tie up any loose ends blocking 2.0.0-rc1.
    Mon 22           Release 2.0.0-rc1.