[waffle] CI, static analisys, tests and waffle

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:45:32 PDT 2015

Hello all,

Not too long ago I had the crazy idea of using some of the free
utilities out there with waffle.

For example Coverity provides a free scan to open-source projects,
which nicely integrates with Travis-CI,
The latter of which supporting Linux and MacOS, while an alternative
is available for Windows (AppVeyor).

I Travis + Linux + Coverity a try and things turned out ok. Small
catch is the wayland functionality tests fail, as they run in a VM,
while (the old) mesa/wayland requires hardware device.
We can split these into separate gl_basic_foo_test (foo being
glx,wayland etc.) or just silence the whole lot.

I have also moved the gl_basic_test to cmocka (after updating the
latter to 1.0.1) and nuked waffle_test. With this each test has it's
own setup/teardown and things are handled correctly, fixing memory
leaks.

Overall I'm soliciting feedback on the topic(s) as some of the patches
are rather rough and/or complete.
Do you think that these are worthy additions and which one would you
like to see first :-)

Thanks
Emil