[waffle] CI, static analisys, tests and waffle

Mark Janes mark.a.janes at intel.com
Wed Sep 2 13:38:53 PDT 2015

Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> writes:

> On 1 September 2015 at 20:01, Dylan Baker <baker.dylan.c at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Emil,
>>
>> Mark and I had talked about testing Waffle in our jenkins setup, but
>> it just wasn't feasable for some reason I can't remember, I've CC'd
>> him, hopefully he'll remember.

I'm happy to run waffle tests in our CI.  My recollection is that the
tests won't succeed without a display server.  Chad had an action to
produce a way to execute the tests which are not display-dependent.

We have experienced cases where a mesa commit broke waffle, and would
like to prevent this.

> I'm suspecting that the wayland functionality tests were failing, as
> in my case.
>
> Either way using your jenkins setup does not have to be the only
> solution for CI. After all anyone willing to contribute can check the
> issues, without chasing you guys. After all, you do have some downtime
> - sleep and stuff :P.
>
> Which brings the question - are the results (build tests, piglit runs)
> publicly available somewhere ? Last time I've looked one needed to be
> hooked up to the corporate network to access them :'( Is there any
> plans/ideas about changing this ?

I would like to improve this, for "important" external developers like
yourself.  We haven't implemented sufficient security around our Jenkins
instance to allow it to be accessible outside Intel.  However, it should
be possible to improve the notification email to the point where
regressions are clearly identifiable.

We could set up a build to watch your remote, and trigger a build
whenever you push to a specified branch.  Later, you get an email
detailing any breakage vs master.

Would you be interested in this type of setup?

-Mark