[waimea] waimea 0.5.0 & mplayer crash

Andy Herrman aherrman at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:28:10 EEST 2004

There are a few different X servers out there.  Some have implemented
true transparency, others haven't.
I don't know anything about kdrive, but I think freedesktop.org's X
server has true transparency.  The only problem is that most of these
alternate X servers are newer and not as mature as XFree or Xorg.
However, I do believe transparency is in the list of things they're
adding to Xorg.

    -Andy