[waimea] Kicker + Waimea

Dan Ostrowski dan at ostrowski.cc
Wed Jun 23 00:05:17 EEST 2004

Hi.

I love the waimea window manager, and I'd like to thank those involved for
continuing to work on it. The nicest thing that I've found about it is the
speed of course and the 3x3 matrix of virtual desktops that you can span
around in VERY fast.

Also what's nice is that KDE seems to detect it just fine when starting up and
decides to use it. All seems good ( from a KDE user's perspective ) until
Kicker tries to start. When it does it BLINKS and RESIZES and SHAKES like
crazy! Complete spasms.  I'm assuming it's not used to the frequency which
waimea is telling it to redraw itself ( or is being redrawn ). When I move a
window, or sometimes when I hover the mouse over it, it stops shaking.

Anyone got a patch/workaround for this? I'm using KDE 3.2.1 presently on SuSE
9.1

Thanks
Dan Ostrowski