[waimea] Do these features exist?

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Mar 8 16:07:05 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 00:49 -0500, Craig Duquette wrote:
> Hi! I just tried Waimea for the first time today and love it. I came
> from OB3 and was wondering if these two features exist.. 1st, is there
> a way to make a script execute and refresh everytime the menu item is
> opened? Right now it only updates the 1st time it's opened after a
> refresh or startup.

You should be able to get this working. Styles, action-lists and menus
can all be updated dynamically. You can use the 'readadditionalconfig'
action for this. By setting menu item function to readadditionalconfig
and parameter to a config file that will update your menu it could work.
You might have to make sure that menuperform is executed before the menu
is mapped, don't really remember all this that well, long time since I
played with this.

> 2nd is there any way to execute a command using keybinds? I want to
> map the Windows Key + t to open the terminal.

This should be easy. There's an example in the CVS tree. In waimea/data
there's a pre-action.conf file, place that one in ~/.waimea/ and
standard action files should read it. And of course edit it to work the
way you want.

-David