[waimea] random crashes on wm restart

bjoern walk bjoernwalk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:06:16 EET 2005

Hello there,

interested as i am, i installed waimea from cvs today.
It runs ok and stable but i didnt make a stress test. But there are
two things annoying and i dont know, if it is my fault, a bug or just
some cvs stuff.

First, when restarting the wm with the menu command, it happens that a
random application started before just crashes. I restarted about 10
times to test my config and in about 8 cases an opened gvim, terminal
or mplayer crashed. The gvim failure is about
  Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x0289082109 unexpectedly destroyed.
There is no chance for the application to save anything. No history in
the terminals, not even the previous saved file in vim.

The second, when using a linewidth of 1 in style.conf, the windows
look kinda ugly. In the upper part there is a black border. I can
provide screenshots if wanted.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: another thing is, man waimea does not provide any help at all,
just for the waimearc file. Is this normal? Where can i get more
information about the configs? waimea.dtd is not really commented
out...