[waimea] Waimea & Cygwin - problem solved

Antony Baxter antony_baxter at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 12:52:25 EET 2005

Ok - sorted it out. Sorry for the flood of mails.

The problem is in the Cairo source, cairoint.h

#if defined (CAIRO_HAS_WIN32_FONT)

#define CAIRO_FONT_FAMILY_DEFAULT "Arial"
#define CAIRO_FONT_BACKEND_DEFAULT
&cairo_win32_font_backend

#elif defined (CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT)

#define CAIRO_FONT_FAMILY_DEFAULT  "serif"
#define CAIRO_FONT_BACKEND_DEFAULT
&cairo_ft_font_backend

#elif defined (CAIRO_HAS_ATSUI_FONT)

#define CAIRO_FONT_FAMILY_DEFAULT  "Monaco"
#define CAIRO_FONT_BACKEND_DEFAULT
&cairo_atsui_font_backend

#endif

Despite targeting an XLIB surface, Cairo defaulted to
using  a WIN32
font backend. I changed the order of the above blocks
and now it works
fine. I guess this isn't a very portable solution
though...

Sorry for all the mails again. As you were.

Ant.