Wayland in N900

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Dec 15 10:43:13 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Esa Törmikoski
<esa.tormikoski at nomovok.com> wrote:
> Looks like I'm trying to get Wayland running in Nokia N900. Is there any
> experiences about that already? All help and estimations about work amount
> is welcome.

Hi,

I don't know that anybody has tried that.  The big unknown is how to
integrate with the graphics drivers on the device - the GL stack and
modesetting.  And the GL stack has to provide a way for processes to
share 2d pixel buffers (for example an EGLImage).  I've never worked
with the n900 platform, so I don't know, but a good first step towards
Wayland would be to try to run EGL+GLES2 on the framebuffer or such.

Kristian