Terminal compliance patch

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Mon Dec 27 07:13:27 PST 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 08:23:40PM +1300, ext Callum Lowcay wrote:
> I have developed a patch to make the terminal client a little more
> useful.  It's quite long, so I won't post it here, instead download it
> from http://callumscode.com/downloads/wayland-terminal-patch-1.patch if
> you are interested.
>
> The patch adds the following features:
>
> - UTF-8 compliance
> - Most Vt102 escape codes, excluding double width/height lines
> - Fancy colors
> - Support for function keys, cursor keys, and editing keys
> - Tested with vttest and vim
>
> Bugs
>
> - No autorepeat
> - No support for function keys with modifiers
> - Configuration hard-coded
> - Redraw is slow

Thanks for the patch, Callum. It applies okay here.

Besides the fancy colors and stuff (very nice!), now I'm seeing a "0;" on the
beginning of the prompt string. Do you see this issue there?

Regarding the logistic to go to wayland tree, I'd suggest you to split it up
in at least 5 others, each one containing the features you mentioned above.
There are things like removing some verbose messages ("failied to create
display: ") that should be kept in another patch. In general, avoid also
removal and addition of blank lines and trailing spaces. And please use git
format-patch for doing it; you can pretty much follow this instructions for
doing so [0].

Note that we don't want to discourage you in any way on sending these fixes.
It's just a matter to work collaboratively, easing the review process in the
community mailing list and also eventually rolling-back one patch or other if
a thing goes wrong. I hope you understand it :)

Thank you. Keep it up!

[0] http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

             Tiago