configure failed on Ubuntu Maverick

Darxus at chaosreigns.com Darxus at chaosreigns.com
Sat Nov 6 11:48:10 PDT 2010

Mesa building instructions are wrong, it uses autogen.sh, not configure.

While building wayland with shtool in the path:

  configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in "." "./.." "./../.."

(I fixed it with a simlink, but that should be fixed properly.)

And then building wayland failed:

darxus at dancer:~/wayland$ git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/wayland
(works)
darxus at dancer:~/wayland$ cd wayland/
darxus at dancer:~/wayland/wayland$ ls
autogen.sh  clients  compositor  configure.ac  data  m4  Makefile.am  protocol  README  spec  TODO  wayland
darxus at dancer:~/wayland/wayland$ aclocal; autoconf; ./configure --prefix=$HOME/install
/bin/bash: /home/darxus/wayland/missing: No such file or directory
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./../config.sub

--
"You will need: a big heavy rock, something with a bit of a swing to it...
perhaps Mars" - http://ned.ucam.org/~sdh31/misc/destroy.html