Network transparency argument

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:07:29 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM,  <Darxus at chaosreigns.com> wrote:
> I was hoping that this subject just wouldn't get any replies.
>
> The "network transparency argument" is pointless because network
> transparency via the X protocol will never go away.

I'd like to see X declared to be a legacy API.

Look at what HTML5 (on GL) does and compare it to the X protocol.
Don't think of HTML5 as just an Internet protocol; they are both
client server protocols for implementing GUIs. You can run the client
and the server on the same box just like you do with the Xserver. Tell
me which protocol is better.

I wonder if Ubuntu will go all the way and turn Unity into an HTML5 app.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com