gtk+ on wayland

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Fri Nov 12 05:45:40 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Gerardo Di Iorio <arete74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> is possibiple run gtk+ on wailand?
> If yes, was are the step for build gtk for wayland.

Yes, it's possible, I have a branch here:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/gtk/log/?h=wayland-4

It's an old branch and much have changed (for the better, from a
wayland point-of-view) in upstream GTK+.  It's also not a complete
port.  You have to pass --with-gdktarget=wayland and possibly
--disable-introspection to build it.  I plan to revive the branch at
some point, but for now I'm waiting for two things to happen in GTK+:
merge GdkDrawable into GtkWindow and the client-side-decoration branch
to land.  I may end up doing some of that work myself, but if anybody
wants to give it a try, I started the GdkDrawable merging here:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/gtk/log/?h=rendering-cleanup

Kristian