Inline documentation format

Nikolai Kondrashov spbnick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:48:52 PST 2010

On 11/12/2010 07:04 PM, Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar wrote:
> The most used one is doxygen.
> And I verified it can generate any other type of common documents
> format (Latex, html, pdf, etc..)
Sure, and I prefer doxygen myself. However, some may consider it bloated.

> Some tools exist to generate docbook documents, so with the current
> process of putting all X documentation in one place with that format,
> we can have similar thing with Wayland.
Yeah, good idea.

> Nikolai, if you have some time, send some patches for doxygen and I
> think Kristian will apply them.
Do you mean the patches to add the document generation?

I was rather thinking on the way of inline documentation first,
HTML/DocBook/etc. later. Because this is most useful to current and
potential developers. Once there is at least some documentation then
generating some document will be worthwile.

But I can add a slightly modified default Doxyfile, of course - this is
the only thing needed to generate a documentation.

Sincerely,
Nick