More ubuntu build instructions

Graham Cantin kamilion at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:31:20 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:21 AM, <Darxus at chaosreigns.com> wrote:

> http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/ubuntu.html
> http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/wayland-build-ubuntu-intel.sh
> http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/wayland-build-ubuntu-not-intel.sh
>
> I think this should cover all builds under Ubuntu Maverick.  I'd like it to
> end up on the wayland web site.
>
> Let me know if you have suggestions for improvement, or it doesn't work for
> you.
>
> As the web page mentions, this is likely to be useful on other platforms as
> long as you install the build dependencies first.

Think I've got a 7600 hanging around somewhere... I'll dig it up and
give this a shot.

What's the status on accelerated 3D drivers in virtual machines?
Wasn't there some VMGL thing going on 2007ish they were trumpeting? I
know VirtualBox and VMWare have some sort of GL acceleration; and I
remember some interesting patches floating around for KVM... Is there
something fundamental missing? OpenGL 1.x only?

I prefer Ubuntu, and it'd be nice to be able to mess with Wayland on
VMWare Player or something without much in the way of host video
hardware restrictions.

Got a bunch of AMD 780Gs with maverick; love to see them running wayland early.
At least if not a VM; support for the cheap $300 AMD rigs would
probably draw in some more folks.

--
[     Graham Cantin      ] | (408) 890-7463 - Google Voice FindME
"Never feel stupid for asking questions, feel stupid for ignoring answers."