Graphics memory management in ARM/Embedded Linux

microcai microcai at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 20 06:16:17 PDT 2011

于 2011年04月20日 20:39, Tom Cooksey 写道:
> Hi All,
>
> Please excuse the spam... just trying to spread the word: Linaro is
> currently developing a graphics memory manager for Linux which allows
> buffers to be shared between different devices and different processes. On
> ARM SoCs, many different hw devices need to access the same buffer (which
> E.g. GEM doesn't support). As a simple example, a GPU needs to write to a
> buffer which a display controller reads from. At least in ARM-Linux land,
> this is a fairly hot-topic and a dedicated mailing list has been created to
> discuss different requirements, figure out if TTM/GEM can be adapted, etc.
>

> The mailing list is here:

> There's also a wiki page gathering requirements here:
>
> https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Projects/UnifiedMemoryManagement
>

> Hopefully there's people on the Wayland list which this will be interesting
> to. Would be cool if a Wayland compositor used the mechanism Linaro comes up
> with to share window buffers between different processes!
>

> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Not again, due!
Does DRI has some mentally wrong that cann't be fixed other than re-create?

Forking is not always the best thing.

A is suck, I can write batter one that does exactly the same as A, but
more clean code. So I go ahead and write new B.
Because B is new, so I have to fix fix fix fix  bugs .
Long time after, B fixed all bugs and function the same as A, and , the
code is now as buggy as A's.