RFC: multitouch support v2

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at freedesktop.org
Wed Dec 21 09:34:07 PST 2011

From: Tiago Vignatti <tiago.vignatti at intel.com>

Hi,

Following Kristian suggestions, I updated the patchset with the following:
- driver now accumulates input coordinates to send along touch_down
- updated the protocol touch_down event with surface field, meaning the focus
  surface of a touch device
- compositor now uses a touch_focus pointer (self explicative), where it's
  picked when the first finger is down; all further events go there until it
  gets released
- not doing pointer emulation for now; that will come next.

I still using the cairo image as PoC. So the client surfaces now are picked
correctly, giving a quite smooth effect for pinch/zoom gesture introduced on
the last patches. My tree rebased with latest master branch is here:

    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/wayland-demos/log/?h=multitouch-v2

I'll be in vacation for two weeks, starting from tomorrow. See y'all in the
next year and enjoy the holiday. Peace!

      Tiago

Tiago Vignatti (1):
  protocol: update touch_down with focus surface

 protocol/wayland.xml |    1 +

Tiago Vignatti (6):
  evdev: add ABS_MT_* support for direct touch devices
  compositor: notifies touched surfaces accordingly
  toytoolkit: add multitouch support with sample gesture mechanism
  clients: image: pick random image when no arguments are passed
  clients: image: use cairo for getting image
  clients: image: add touch handler support for resizing

 clients/window.h        |    8 ++
 compositor/compositor.c |   98 ++++++++++++++++
 compositor/compositor.h |    8 ++
 compositor/evdev.c      |  146 ++++++++++++++++++++----

1.7.5.4