Running on bare hardware

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 12:16:54 PST 2011

> (It is also a great pity that whoever designed the modesetting ioctls thought _u64 was a good type for all the pointer values.  Whoever designed the original ioctls used pointer types very successfully.)

 Why would you consider yourself even remotely qualified to make such
a statement? it sounds like you are completely clueless to how ioctls
work on Linux

because I'm feeling generous, instead of calling you names, I'll just
say 32 bit process on a 64-bit kernel.

Maybe you should re-write your email above from a position of humility
instead of unfounded arrogance.

Dave.