Wayland doesn't work outside of X with nouveau, and it should

Darxus at chaosreigns.com Darxus at chaosreigns.com
Sun Feb 13 10:21:32 PST 2011

At this point wayland should work with nouveau, but it doesn't.
Page flip for NV50 and NVC0 cards was added to nouveau on the 9th
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTA5Nw
(Mine is NV50.)  This was the last known missing dependency.
I built a kernel from the nouveau git repo on the 11th.

I added my PCI ID to mesa so I could use egl_dri2 (which is used with
Intel) instead of egl_gallium to make sure it wasn't just a difference
between those.

My graphical output is garbage.  I don't even get movement when I move my
mouse.  The output is clearly uninitialized chunks of video memory,
containing stuff previously written by X.  I believe ATI/AMD video cards
are getting about the same.

My output:

X output, which works:
http://www.chaosreigns.com/wayland/wayland.x11.txt