Finishing the network protocol

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:56:07 PST 2011

(just a quick reply to the non-technical aspects, more about the rest later)

On Wednesday 23 February 2011 16:40:27 Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> > I'm not publishing a repository URL right now because I haven't chosen a
> > license yet and because I've copied over the wayland.xml protocol
> > description file that bears no license header. Kristian, what about the
> > license of that file?
>
> Oh, hmm, it's MIT licensed, but I'd rather it didn't get copied around
> too much since it's bound to get out of sync.  What if we make wayland
> install the protocol file in /usr/share/wayland or such?

Installing the file sounds like a good idea. For now I've added the customary
license header from Wayland to wayland.xml.

> > If there is interest I can polish my code a bit and publish an URL.
>
> Yeah, that would be interesting.

Clone URL:
git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ahartmetz/area.git
Quickgit web page:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fahartmetz%2Farea.git&a=summary

The only real dependencies are currently the STL and a modern Linux system (no
older than a few years, for epoll).

There are some nasty things there like a (for now) useless skeleton subdir and
unneeded dependencies. The buildsystem is also not set up to install anything.
Currently the intended way to "use" it is hack, compile and run the tests.
It's only protocol code, nothing dealing with actual input or graphics.