compiling mesa :)

Ambrose J ambrose.jeyaprabhu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 07:31:57 PST 2011

On 12/27/2010 08:51 PM, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> Hi Ambrose,
>
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:38:52PM +0530, ext Ambrose J wrote:
>> I am new to linux (so to wayland) , from a Microsoft windows
>> platform .Working as Tech lead in Microsoft technologies ..
>>
>> Learning to use linux and also learning more about it . I looked
>> into the wayland project and found its young (sorry if I am wrong ),
>> thought I could contribute with some bug fixing ,later contribute to
>> it more .
>>
>> I also learnt that many mainstream Linux like Ubuntu&  Fedora have
>> plans for this .
>>
>> Right now since it is 1000 lines of code or more , it should be easy
>> to get a grip of it .Above in the mail I have mentioned my
>> background so that , please what to actually start with . Like
>> books/tutorials to learn about Window managers / opengl /  anything
>> that is relevant so that once I gone through them ,I can have some
>> understanding and start with Bug Fixing . Or provide me some info
>> for like "Getting Started ......."  ..
> As Serhiy mentioned, just to give a try Wayland on your machine and building
> it is a nice exercise to understand the components involved and the
> architecture. You can spend some good time also reading Wayland the page and
> understanding the ideas behind it:
>
>      http://wayland.freedesktop.org/
>
> Later on, you can hang a bit on the mailing list, try to understand the
> patches coming, help with the review, apply them and eventually contribute
> with new ones. I guess the open-source way of collaboration probably will be
> the big difference for you coming from Windows platform.
>

> Have fun!
>               Tiago
Hi ,

Can some one help me with compiling mesa ? I get the following when I
say "make"

intel_batchbuffer.c: In function 'do_flush_locked':
intel_batchbuffer.c:101: error: 'I915_EXEC_BLT' undeclared (first use in
this function)
intel_batchbuffer.c:101: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
intel_batchbuffer.c:101: error: for each function it appears in.)
intel_batchbuffer.c: In function 'intel_batchbuffer_emit_reloc':
intel_batchbuffer.c:209: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but
argument 4 has type 'long int'
intel_batchbuffer.c: In function 'intel_batchbuffer_emit_reloc_fenced':
intel_batchbuffer.c:236: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but
argument 4 has type 'long int'
make[6]: *** [intel_batchbuffer.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** [lib] Error 2
make[4]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[3]: *** [default] Error 1
make[2]: *** [driver_subdirs] Error 2
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make: *** [default] Error 1

/"code from intel_batchbuffer.c

  if (intel->gen < 6 || !intel->batch->is_blit) {
      ring = I915_EXEC_RENDER;
       } else {
      ring = I915_EXEC_BLT;
       }