Configure script of mesa is absent.

Ramiro Romero D. romeroramiro at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:09:28 PST 2011

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, my apologies if it isn't.
I am trying to compile wayland, the instructions say that I have to execute these commands:    $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
    $ cd mesa
    $ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/install  --enable-egl --enable-gles2 --disable-gallium-egl
    $ make && make install
But the problem is that there is no configure file thus I can't compile mesa, thus I can't compile waylandAgain, I am not completely sure if this is the right place. I'm sorry if I am wrong.