Checklist: Support applications viewpoint (with correct message body)

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 27 10:56:14 PST 2011

Applications
	XRandR replacement
		I recommend supporting only what is a Virtual desktop under X
		Have all video cards and their outputs mapped onto that space, dispense with Screens, Xinerama, Zaphod, other means of doing this that have been used
		This is different than Khronos idea of what EGLDisplay is, but I think it works better for multi-monitor desktops
	XInput replacement
	xsetroot replacement
	Xkb replacement
		setxkbmap, xmodmap, xkbcomp, xkbprint
		Indicators
	xdriinfo, xdpyinfo, xprop, xwininfo	Whatever makes sense in an EGL/GLES2 environment
	xmag				Need accessibility tools
	X applications not relevant
		xauth, xhost			Assume all local hosts may connect, no authorization cookies
		Nothing below this line is carried forward, I think:
		iceauth, luit, sessreg, smproxy, x11perf, xauth, xbacklight,
		xcmsdb, xcursorgen, xdpyinfo, xdriinfo, xhost, xkbevd, xkbutils, xkill,
		xlsatoms, xlsclients, xpr, xprop, xrdb, xrefresh, xvinfo, xwd, xwud