Sending EGL headers updates to Khronos

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Fri Jul 29 06:07:51 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Daniel Nicoara <dnicoara at chromium.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> Are there any plans in sending the EGL header changes (egl.h, eglplatform.h,
> ...) to Khronos? Or are the changes sent by mesa devs once the new stable
> release of mesa is out?

We're only using a couple of new EGL extensions: the
EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display and the surfaceless extensions.  We're not
ready to standardize the bind_wayland_display extension just yet, and
I think we'll stop relying on surfaceless and just make a dummy
pbuffer instead.  Most of the Wayland/EGL integration is in defining a
new native platform for EGL, which is how we create EGL displays for
Wayland displays and EGL surfaces for Wayland surfaces.  It's pretty
common for EGL vendors to have their own custom window systems, and
for now I'm not planning to push for Wayland to become an official
window system.

Kristian