'wl_display_sync_func_t' has not been declared --about qt on wayland install issues

Jorgen Lind jorgen.lind at nokia.com
Wed Mar 2 07:58:22 PST 2011

Hello!

> I need your help.
> When I install qt on wayland, I meet some problems.
>
> The steps which I'm taking  are as following:
> 1. git clone
> git://gitorious.org/+qt-developers/qt/lighthouse.git<http://gitorious.org/
> +qt-developers/qt/lighthouse.git> 2. ./configure -confirm-license
> -opensource -no-qt3support -no-xmlpatterns -no-multimedia -no-webkit
> -no-phonon -developer-build -qpa -egl -opengl es2 3. then build it using
> make
>
> all of the above run smoothly.
>
> But for the next step:
> 4. then build the wayland backend by using : make -C
> src/plugins/platforms/wayland I get some errors as following:
>

> In file include from qwaylanddisplay.h:52,
>
>            From qwaylandintegration.cpp:44
> qwaylandinclude.h:45:28:error:wayland-clients.h:No such file or directory
> qwaylandcindlue.h:48:25:error:wyaland-egl.h:No such file or directory In
> file included from qwaylandshmsurface.h:45,
>
>             From qwaylandintegration.cpp:45,
> qwaylandbuffer.h:47:37:error:wayland-client-protocol.h:No such file or
> directory In file included from qwaylandintergration.cpp:44
> qwaylanddisplay.h:81:error:'wl_display_sync_func_t' has not been declared
> qwaylanddisplay.h:82:error:'wl_display_frame_func_t'has not been declared
> In file included from ../../../../include/QtGui/qplatformcursor_qpa.h:1,

Yeah, this is unfortunate :( The Qt configure script didn't use pkg-config to
detect where the wayland libs are located wayland, so it wasn't built by
default.

I hadn't relly looked into this very much since I just used my own mkspec (if
you are going to cross-compile or you have a "non default system" you most
likely are going to make your own mkspec as well). However, this morning Paul
added some variables to the default linux mkspec configuration. Then I added
pkg-config checks in configure, so if you try over again with
lighthouse:4ec935b3e738f79d76b708773c49471cffc46f65
then this might run a bit smother. No guarantee, as it might have difficulties
picking up opengl es2:/ But let me know how it goes so we can make this easier
for other people :)

Jørgen