minor fixes in event-loop.c

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sun Mar 13 11:16:07 PDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Iskren Chernev
<iskren.chernev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some patches for event-loop.c -- the signal & timer fds were never closed.
> In the future do you prefer patches standalone or archived?

Looks like more good patches.  Patches 1 and 4 close the fd before
passing it to epoll_ctl(), and I don't think that's how it's supposed
to work.  It may or may not work depending on the implementation and
the man page doesn't state one way or the other.  However, the obvious
safe approach is to just call epoll_ctl() before closing the fd.

I prefer patches sent by git send-email, since they're easy to review
and discuss on the list, but for more than a couple of patches I also
would like a branch somewhere (github, gitorious etc) that I can just
pull if it all looks ok.

Kristian