Multi-process Lighthouse - Qt Labs made an interesting blog post

Timothy Kross tim at rvlution.net
Sat Mar 19 17:34:00 PDT 2011

"...
For the last couple of months, Paul, Samuel and I have been getting our
hands dirty with Wayland. What became apparent to us quite quickly is that
there is not going to be one compositor to rule them all! An embedded device
with a small screen has very different requirements from the Linux desktop.
However, we would like many of them to be Qt compositors. We have therefore
created a new labs project called
Qt-Compositor<http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/qt-compositor>.
The goal of the project is to work as a tool box which is being used as a
base layer for other people when they are going to write their own custom
Wayland compositors.
..."

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/03/18/multi-process-lighthouse/