client side decorations

Joakim Sindholt bacn at zhasha.com
Sat May 7 06:54:47 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 07:47 -0400, Peng Huang wrote:
> I am sorry if I said something wrong.
>

> I know some basic theory of compositor.  But I still have concern
> about client window decorations. I think it is very likely an
> application becomes unresponsive during resizing. Or a user tires to
> resize a unresponsive window. In that case, I don't know if compositor
> can draw an updated title bar or just stretch the outdated window
> context to the new size. At same time how the
> compositor calculate rectangles' size and position for title bar and
> buttons?
>
> Peng

The client resizes itself. You can't "try to resize" an unresponsive
client. In fact, it won't even show a resize cursor if the client isn't
telling Wayland to as that is also done completely in the client.
The simplest solution to moving windows when they're unresponsive is to
simply define a WM key like you have in many X WMs (Hint: it's Alt).