client side decorations

microcai microcai at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 11 20:41:59 PDT 2011

I personally does support and only support client side decoration.

Move and resize ? Better be done in the server side.

Average application should never care about where its windows is. The
compositor cares and move them without notify the client.

If the unusual application does care where its windows is , go and ask
the compositor.

And how big?

They can't care how big a windows is in the pixel, but in the inch.

People should have different monitors with different DPI. Windows should
stay same size regardless the DPI.

Force DPI==96 on every monitor is a stupid idea, and we should avoid it
on the protocol side.

I suggest, DPI should also be windows specific, so that compositor can
*scale it*.