Wayland Window Management Proposal

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:37:05 PDT 2011

Michal Suchanek wrote:

>> Yes: it handles all resizing uniformly badly.  It's pretty horrible.
>
> So you can see the background color of clients that are slow to
> repaint. Oh, how painful.

Yes, that is UNACCEPTABLE! Get it through your head that the intention
of Wayland is so that Linux stops looking like crap compared to other
systems. NEVER NEVER NEVER should a "partially updated window" appear.
If it does, Wayland is junk. This means your idea violates one of the
basic design principles of Wayland and cannot be done.

You also have to face it that programs lock up and don't respond to all
kinds of actions and it is silly to try to address just resize. If the
window is not going to draw I would prefer it not to resize so I don't
lose the old contents.