Has any gotten wayland demos to run on Ubuntiu 11.10

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Tue Nov 29 01:35:11 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Tiago Vignatti
<tiago.vignatti at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/2011 08:44 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
>>

>> First, no proprietary driver will work for Wayland.
>

> well, that's not absolutely true.
>
> Any driver, being proprietary or not, can get a drm fd, use gbm and create
> EGLImage objects. Nothing prevents that. What Pekka meant, is that most of
> the stock Linux distros are not (yet) shipping proprietary drivers
> supporting Wayland... one obvious reason being that we change the protocol
> every week now :)

Well, it's important to keep in mind that the only part of the
protocol the driver needs to care about is essentially it's own buffer
sharing interface.  For mesa, that's wl_drm.  The changes that we've
made recently (my big dnd/selection change and Pekkas wl_shell
changes) doesn't affect the driver.  In X terms, you can think of it
as changes to Xdnd and EWMH - changes that doesn't in anyway affect
the drivers or any ABI/API/protocol interface to the driver.

Kristian