wl_shell_surface patch sets

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:04:03 PST 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:48:47 +0200
Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kristian,
>
> I have completed the wl_shell_surface implementation.
>
> The Wayland Core protocol bits:
> 	git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/pq/wayland.git shellsurf
> 	http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/pq/wayland.git/log/?h=shellsurf
>
> 	96f3e40 server: document wl_resource_post_event() arguments
> 	8a579e6 protocol: add invalid_operation error code to
> wl_surface e5d7b7c protocol: introduce wl_shell_surface
> 	e445978 util: clear pointers on wl_list_remove()
> 	97a3c04 server: no errors to a dead client
>
> The Wayland demos bits:
> 	git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/pq/wayland-demos.git
> shellsurf-v2
> http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/pq/wayland-demos.git/log/?h=shellsurf-v2
>
> 	2b9b279 window: do not crash without wl_shell
> 	a8ab91d window: fix segfault in window_handle_key()
> 	5abaf98 shell: check for missing wl_shell_surface
> 	fe35705 compositor: eliminate wlsc_surface::shell_priv
> 	3c7640d desktop-shell: update protocol and client to
> wl_shell_surface 4ebfe1b shell: fix resume_desktop for zero clients
> 	8fca00f wl_shell_surface adaptation
> 	819cc6f compositor: add a comment about wlsc_surface::output
>
> They are based on top of current master HEADs. The interfaces are
> still in Wayland core. There are also few misc fixes among the
> commits.

I will redo the wl_shell_surface destruction bits.

After a discussion with krh, we decided to destroy the wl_shell_surface
object on the server side at the same time with wl_surface destroy.
And rename create_shell_surface to get_shell_surface, since the object
will be destroyed automatically on server side.

There is no reason to be able to destroy a wl_shell_surface alone.

This change also removes the error condition of destroying a wl_surface
before a wl_shell_surface.

- pq