wayland-compositor fails to start with nouveau driver

Bernard Kolobara b3no.gamedev at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:53:09 PDT 2011

I recompiled mesa with --with-gallium-drivers=nouveau it works now.

And I noticed a minor error on the build instructions website:
    $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/glproto
    $ cd macros
    $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD
    $ make && make install

    $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/dri2proto
    $ cd macros
    $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD
    $ make && make install

should be:
    $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/glproto
    $ cd glproto
    $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD
    $ make && make install

    $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/dri2proto
    $ cd dri2proto
    $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD
    $ make && make install

Regards, Bernard.