questions about gtk simple applications running on wayland

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 28 05:54:17 PDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 03:19 PM, Zhao, Juan J wrote:
> Updates today:
>
> In the client side: Gtk call wl_egl_pixmap_create_buffer to create the
> buffer and then use wl_surface_attach to attach this buffer to its surface.
>
> In the server side: drm_create_buffer is called and add that buffer
> resource to this client. And wl_map_insert_at will be called. That
> buffer resource is inserted to the map. Then surface_attach will be
> called, this buffer will be saved to one wlsc_surface.
>
> Then in the client side, gtk call wl_shell_set_toplevel,
> wl_connection_vmarshal will be called.
>
> In the server side, shell_set_toplevel is called. The third parameter is
> the previous buffer object created by drm_create_buffer not the
> wlsc_surface.

> Should I need to look into wl_connection_vmarshal to check each
> parameter sent to the server?

Are you sure this is happening only with GTK clients? Have you tried to
isolate the problem, seeing if the same happens with the demo clients?

It's hard to say actually without trace it carefully. But you may check
what's happening in the wire, for instance Paulo had some bizarre issues
recently:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2011-August/001292.html

     Tiago