Unresponsive applications

Umberto Tozzato umbertotozzato at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:10:10 PDT 2011

Ok, i'm no programmer, but since you keep saying that this is not a technical
problem maybe i can help...
Given that you are programming a compositor and not a complete DE, i think
that you should try to implement server-side decorations, if it sucks (or if
it sucks for somebody) we could simply disable it and enable client-side
decoration. Or viceversa. Or use both! Double bordes, double fun!

What i mean is: let's make it "modular" so that we (or a supposed
DE/Widgets/Toolkit developer) can decide whether to enable server-side
decorations or handle it himself. The first one that will become obsolete will
simply go away leaving nothing behind.