[WIP] xwayland and shell refactoring

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at intel.com
Mon Apr 16 07:31:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

Please take a look now. I can map the X11 window (set top level), move it
around (with key binding) and resources are created/destroyed properly.
Pointer enter/leave are pretty bad still and that's what I plan to tackle next.

Regarding the shell refactoring, I don't want to proceed much now cause if I
keep working on that direction is better to come up with a PoC for
tablet-shell as well. Say if we come up with a X11 client working on that
shell, then would be enough to demonstrate the intended. Nevertheless, I'll
try to massage my thoughts to see how it would work to make this feasible.

All this works is here:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/weston/log/?h=shell
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/xserver/log/?h=xwayland-1.12

Tiago Vignatti (6):
  desktop-shell: use description tags and improve protocol doc a bit
  desktop-shell: use more consistent name for the main structure
  desktop-shell: split protocol part from shell_surface specific functions
  xserver: log locally
  compositor: init shell after xserver
  compositor: introduce internal shell_surface helpers

 protocol/desktop-shell.xml |   33 ++++--
 src/Makefile.am            |    2 +-
 src/compositor.c           |    6 +-
 src/compositor.h           |   23 ++++
 src/shell.c                |  307 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 src/tablet-shell.c         |    7 +-
 src/xserver-launcher.c     |   14 ++

Tiago Vignatti (6):
  xwayland: use stub for wl_input_device_listener track the protocol
  xwayland: remove rootless flag
  xwayland: insert a few comments about running path
  xwayland: track shm pool protocol changes
  xwayland: follow wayland change to serial numbers
  xwayland: don't race with weston

 hw/xfree86/xwayland/xwayland-cursor.c  |    9 ++-
 hw/xfree86/xwayland/xwayland-input.c   |  106 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 hw/xfree86/xwayland/xwayland-private.h |    3 +-
 hw/xfree86/xwayland/xwayland-window.c  |   18 +++---
 hw/xfree86/xwayland/xwayland.c         |   12 ++--
 hw/xfree86/xwayland/xwayland.h         |    2 -

1.7.5.4