FW: seat_get_touch not being called

Keller Alexander-B42067 B42067 at freescale.com
Mon Dec 3 14:29:23 PST 2012

From: Keller Alexander-B42067
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 4:03 PM
To: 'Scott Moreau'
Subject: RE: seat_get_touch not being called

I do not think the issue is with the client, but with the server. I noticed that when I start the server, the server calls both seat_get_pointer and seat_get_keyboard. In seat_get_pointer and seat_get_keyboard, the resource_list is populated for these two devices, but the server does not call the seat_get_touch. I was wondering why does the server no call the seat_get_touch?

I also found it difficult to figure out how these three functions get called in the first place. These functions get assigned to pointer functions in wl_seat_interface structure and I cannot figure out where the pointer functions get called or reassigned. That is why I am asking for some help with how the seat_get_touch is called.

If you have anymore advice, I would be most grateful.

-Alexander Keller