libwayland and Java

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 00:32:35 PST 2012

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:17:48 -0600
Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:

> I'll send out an e-mail later about API ideas once I have more time. I've
> got an idea of what I'd like to see but I haven't had a chance to write it
> down and formalize it yet.
> I'm sorry if that got a bit long-winded but I hope you all can understand
> what I'm trying to do a bit better. I appreciate any input you can offer.
> --Jason Ekstrand

Alright, thank you. You clearly have the Android specifics thought out.
With libhybris and some Wayland protocol magic, I think you could
actually get the hardware accelerated graphics going also inside a
chroot, too, all the way onto the screen.

I'm looking forward to seeing your libwayland proposals.
- pq