Libva for wayland

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Feb 8 10:03:03 PST 2012

Hi Nanhai,

Did you see Benjamins earlier work on libva?

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~bnf/libva/log/?h=wayland

In general the idea is that the client doesn't get to ask for an
overlay, sprite or plane or such.  The compositor is in the perfect
place to look at all surfaces and decide which surfaces should be put
in overlays.  See Jesses KMS sprite patches for an example of where
we're going with that.

Kristian