Touch events

Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar boulabiar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:22:49 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:21 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>  Because for a three-finger swipe, there
> will be a time when there's only one finger down, or two.  At which
> point the client will say, 'ah yes, I'm interested in this!'.  And
> then the third finger lands and you regret a terrible design decision
> you made.

Some values about the time between fingers touching the surface (in
mt) can help designing the interaction. I don't have numbers now but
what I remember is that they are very small values (20ms-50ms) and
thresholded to devices timestamps.
Time between double-click using a mouse is 500ms. (which can be
configured later by the user)
And in terms of interactions, the maximum time between an input and a
feedback should be less than 100ms, otherwise the user will detect a
delay.

Using these values, it's not possible to model things using usual FSM ?