Sprite handling framework

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Jan 25 18:37:05 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Ok these need some actual review.  I have things working here (you can
> test on a current kernel by enabling the DEBUG_PLANES code) and I think
> the infrastructure is starting to look ok, especially now that I don't
> leak fbs on every assignment. :)
>
> The new buffer reference code makes things a bit nicer, but they could
> probably still be easier to follow, so suggestions are welcome there.
>
> I'm also definitely open to suggestions on how to split things more
> finely to make the patches easier to digest...

I think I'd refactor the output code first, to move
setup_scanout_surface to compositor-drm.c and add the assign_overlay
hooks first. Then add the drm_buffer_reference code, then add the
overlapped tracking, and then move the hw cursor code
(weston_output_set_cursor) to compositor-drm.c and trigger that from
assign_overlays.  At that point I think it makes sense to add the
sprite support.  Aside from the ordering and splitting of patches and
the couple of comments on the 1/3 patch, I think it looks good.

Kristian