[systemd-devel] [RFC] VTs for multiple seats

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 09:22:13 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 06:17:13PM -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> No, wayland is the protocol, weston is the compositor building
> toolkit.  If you want an EGL compositor on KMS with evdev input, you

But we don't want an EGL compositor. We want bare-bones KMS support.

One of the things he mentioned was replacing plymouth with the system
compositor. Do you really want to pack mesa into the initrd?

The system compositor needs to provide a lightweight SHM-only graphics
stack. It also needs to be able to provide the EGL stack /dynamically/
when the rest of userspace becomes available.

--CJD