Can't compile newest wayland due to mesa changes?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 21:51:35 PDT 2012

I am attempting to build the newest git respository of wayland/weston.

Weston was complaining about missing GLSL symbol
PFNEGLUNBINDWAYLANDDISPLAYWL

So I tried to pull and recompile mesa (I have up to now been able to
work with one I compiled a few months ago).

The configure line I used for mesa was:

./autogen.sh --prefix=$WLD --enable-gles2 --disable-gallium-egl
--with-egl-platforms=wayland,x11,drm --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi
--with-gallium-drivers=r300,r600,swrast,nouveau

and compile failed with this:

clientinfo.c: In function ‘__glX_send_client_info’:
clientinfo.c:128:7: error: implicit declaration of function
‘xcb_glx_set_client_info_2arb’
clientinfo.c:139:7: error: implicit declaration of function
‘xcb_glx_set_client_info_arb’

I'm guessing that xcb is out of date, should I try to compile my own
version of that or what?