Can't compile newest wayland due to mesa changes?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 08:58:39 PDT 2012

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:40:50 -0700
Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> However (sigh) now it fails with:
>
> compositor.c: In function ‘weston_surface_attach’:
> compositor.c:788:8: error: ‘EGL_TEXTURE_Y_UV_WL’ undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> compositor.c:788:8: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for each function it appears in
> compositor.c:792:8: error: ‘EGL_TEXTURE_Y_U_V_WL’ undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> compositor.c:796:8: error: ‘EGL_TEXTURE_Y_XUXV_WL’ undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> make[4]: *** [weston-compositor.o] Error 1

Sounds like src/weston-egl-ext.h is missing something from Mesa master.

We have weston-egl-ext.h so we would not have to add a bunch of #ifdefs
in the Weston source for no real benefit. After all, this is just
a fallback for old EGL headers, and runtime checks should be the significant
checks whether an extension is available.

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/