Patch that "fixes" compositor-x11

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:46:43 PDT 2012

Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> Argh, you're right, thanks.  But you said that just adding the count
> and returning that alone didn't fix it, right?  I wonder if we need a
>
>         xcb_flush(compositor->conn);
>
> in x11_output_repaint() after the eglSwapBuffers() call.  Maybe just
> before returning from
> x11_compositor_handle_event()... not sure.

I can certainly try inserting that call at various places and see if it
fixes it.

> If you only handle one
> event at the time in x11_compositor_handle_event(), it doesn't sound
> like a missing flush issue.  Maybe try to force
> x11_compositor_next_event() to always use xcb_poll_for_event(), that
> is, don't use xcb_poll_for_queued_event()?

It is already like this because I don't have xcb_poll_for_queued_event
according to configure. I also tried removing the #if and it did not
link so I know I don't have it.

I am guessing the "mask" is what epoll said was happening to the fd, is
that right? Doesn't that mean we can assume there are no events if READ
is not on?