Patch that "fixes" compositor-x11

Ander Conselvan de Oliveira conselvan2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:33:03 PDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 04:10 AM, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> On 06/05/2012 02:09 PM, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>
>> Argh, you're right, thanks. But you said that just adding the count
>> and returning that alone didn't fix it, right? I wonder if we need a
>>
>> xcb_flush(compositor->conn);
>>
>> in x11_output_repaint() after the eglSwapBuffers() call. Maybe just
>> before returning from
>> x11_compositor_handle_event()... not sure. If you only handle one
>> event at the time in x11_compositor_handle_event(), it doesn't sound
>> like a missing flush issue. Maybe try to force
>> x11_compositor_next_event() to always use xcb_poll_for_event(), that
>> is, don't use xcb_poll_for_queued_event()?
>>
>> Kristian
>
> I tried inserting xcb_flush at the suggested places and it did not fix
> the problem.

I looked at Christophe's machine that has the same problem. He was also
running Ubuntu 11.04 on classic mode. It looks like the problem might be
in compiz with this particular configuration. When I disabled the
"detection" extension on ccsm, compiz restarted and weston started to
run fine. The problem returned after a log out/log in cycle. The
extension was disable and turning it back on fixed the problem again. So
it seems the reset caused by ccsm that actually fixed the issues. Since
the problem seems to be in compiz, I stopped debugging.

Hope that information helps.

Cheers,
Ander