Build problems on Ubuntu Natty (11.04)

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:56:20 PDT 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:58:40 -0700
Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/13/2012 11:38 AM, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
>
> > The patch looks just what I intended, sans compositor-drm.c (if
> > you ever want to run it without X).
>
> There is no EGL_DEPTH_SIZE in compositor-drm.c

Oh right, I didn't realise using GBM replaces that setup, and it also
does not seem to allocating any depth buffer from a quick look, so it
should be fine.

> > Does simple-egl run?
>
> No. Running weston, sleep 2, then simple-egl produces the following
> output (I turned all the debugging environment variables off):
>
> nvfx_screen_get_param:103 -  Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 57
> Mesa 8.1-devel implementation error: Incomplete OpenGL ES 2.0 support.
> Please report at bugs.freedesktop.org
> xserver listening on display :1
> couldn't open /home/spitzak/.config/weston-desktop-shell.ini
> using socket /tmp/wayland-0
> nvfx_screen_get_param:103 -  Warning: unknown PIPE_CAP 57
> couldn't open /home/spitzak/.config/weston-desktop-shell.ini
> spitzak at lulu:~/swdevl/wayland$ simple-egl: simple-egl.c:351: main:
> Assertion `display.display' failed.
>
> The display is still black with a tiny icon in the corner. Clicking the
> icon produces:
>
> failed to create display: Permission denied
> failed to create display: Permission denied
> child 8578 exited

Did you install weston as setuid? Are the socket file permissions
preventing connections?

> > Hmm, it's probably Cairo that is still creating a Z-buffer. If
> > you edit config.h in the weston checkout, and comment out
> > HAVE_CAIRO_EGL, and rebuild, you should be able to get most
> > of the demo clients working. This disables GL acceleration
> > for them, but should have no effect on any work for window
> > stacking protocol, for instance.
>
> There was only "/* #undef HAVE_CAIRO_EGL */" (ie an undef commented out)
> in config.h. I un-commented it, did make clean, make, sudo make install.
> The result is the exact same error message as before.

Ok, so you never had an EGL enabled cairo to begin with, very good.